Summer and comfort are made for each other, but when you’re dealing with an air conditioner that isn’t leaving you with the comfort you desire, you may need to ponder air conditioner replacement. Take a minute and think about this scenario: it’s only a few weeks in to the summer and you’re enjoying an easy day at home. As lunchtime rolls around, you recognize that it’s beginning to feel awfully warm inside. You check the thermostat and all appears to be well with the settings, but the temperature reads 85 degrees.
It’s quite possible that you rode it out as much as you could, but now it’s time to call in a pro and discover what’s wrong. So what does that mean for you as a homeowner? Well, there are a number of reasons that you could be facing air conditioner replacement. And considering the weather in Tucson, you don’t want to be caught without what may be the single most important piece of home comfort equipment you own.
Here are a few things you should be looking for if you think your air conditioner has stopped working:
- Insufficient air flow. If you sense a change in air flow, check for a blocked return-air or supply-air grille. Be sure all of these grilles are not obstructed by furniture or other items.
- Non-working outdoor fan. If you go outside to look at your air conditioner’s outdoor fan and it doesn’t run, you’ll want to give the experts at A&M Heating & Cooling LLC in Tucson a call. That fan is in charge of the transferring of heat from your home to the outdoors. If it doesn’t run, that heat transfer isn’t happening and can cause a variety of issues, including overheating of the compressor and other potential internal problems.
- Outside obstructions. If your air conditioner is currently bordered by shrubbery or other potential obstructions, there could be an issue with proper air flow to the unit. Over time this could also mean that dirt and debris end up clogging your system and hurting its cooling abilities. Make certain your system is free from obstructions and is cleaned regularly to potentially decrease your chances of needing air conditioner replacement.
- Dirty filters. One of the most common problems that A&M Heating & Cooling LLC has is improperly cared for filters. Dirty filters not only decrease airflow, they can also hurt your system’s efficiency and can drive up your bills. They also affect air quality and when allergy season is in full-swing, a dirty filter can have a great impact on your home comfort.
If you have checked all of these and your air conditioner still isn’t working, follow these step-by-step instructions, only proceeding to the next step if the system doesn’t start.
- Check that the thermostat temperature set-point is set below indoor temperature, and the system switch is in the COOL position.
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch "on"?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply "on"?
- Check the house fuse box/breaker box for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.
- If the system still does not operate, call A&M Heating & Cooling LLC at 520-200-1048.
Having a non-working air conditioner and dealing with air conditioner replacement doesn’t have to be a headache. Sure, your system may not be operating , but that’s why the pros at A&M Heating & Cooling LLC in Tucson is here to help. Give us a call at 520-200-1048.