Having standard air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Tucson summer, have the specialists at A&M Heating & Cooling LLC perform your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illicitly discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Check for correct airflow in the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We recommend looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call A&M Heating & Cooling LLC today at 520-200-1048.