Maintaining your heat pump
is vital to keeping it running well and keeping you and your family cozy during the Tucson winter. If you already called A&M Heating & Cooling LLC for your annual check-up, you’re certainly on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 520-200-1048 to get one scheduled.
There are plenty of easy things you can do in between pro tune-ups to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it running in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t emphasize this enough: check your filters regularly and clean or replace them when suggested. This is such a easy way to increase the airflow through your heat pump and uphold top efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are accessible for optimum airflow. Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work more and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Be sure your supply and return registers are ready and clear.
- If plants have budded up near your outdoor unit or litter has gathered, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to ensure that it’s operating properly. Merely turn it on and gently increase the temperature setting until your heat pump switches on. If it doesn’t turn on, look back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfy matters to us. For more plans on DIY furnace maintenance or to schedule a tune-up with one of our experts, call A&M Heating & Cooling LLC at 520-200-1048 or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!