While the cold season seems like it’s already been around for far too long, its influence on our heating bill is just starting. Achieving low energy costs during the coldest months of the year can be tough, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take steps to potentially reduce those costs. That’s why we’ve developed a few furnace tips to help keep soaring heating bills at bay.
To start controlling your heating bills and enhancing your energy efficiency this winter, consider:
- Keeping your blinds open during the warmest parts of the day to bring sunlight in, heating your home naturally.
- Sealing cracks around your home’s windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- Adding a programmable thermostat so that you can better control the temperature in your home, which will also improve energy efficiency.
- Cleaning or replacing your furnace filter every few months.
- Making sure your home’s heating vents are open and aren’t blocked by any obstructions
- Replacing your old furnace with a newer, more efficient model if your furnace has been around for more than 15 years.
- Putting insulation in your attic to keep warm air from escaping.
- Checking your roof to make sure your shingles are intact, and that there aren’t holes or cracks that will need to be sealed.
Trying to keep your energy bills down and energy efficiency up, is a year-round effort, one that can seem overwhelming at times. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t take a few small steps to make sure you’re keeping your bills as low as possible. If you have any questions regarding the tips above or questions about how you can reduce your heating bills, give us a jingle at 520-200-1048. Our experts are here to help you keep your home comfortable all year long, even with the crazy Tucson weather.