With warmer temps right around the corner, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at its best, it can save a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically raise your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your A&M Heating & Cooling LLC specialist perform air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system running at its best for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is running properly and can identify possible concerns in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and periodically throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and require major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them every month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, depending on factors like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the team at A&M Heating & Cooling LLC a call at 520-200-1048.