It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like being informed when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a number of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the most savings out there. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to notify you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a variety of bonuses that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. A&M Heating & Cooling LLC in Tucson has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 520-200-1048.