Summer weather in Tucson can be rough. But you don’t have to make a choice between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility expenses. We’ve compiled some tips to make it easy.
The best thing you can do to stay comfy and maintain energy efficiency is by maintaining your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® says keeping your system running dependably and efficiently, and A&M Heating & Cooling LLC is here to make that simple. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll perform the following tasks noted by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to ensure safe operation of your system and the possibility of a longer life for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as needed. Dirty coils require your system to operate harder to do its job.
- Check system controls to make sure of accurate and safe operation.
- Inspect refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to ensure accurate system airflow.
Another critical piece to keeping cool is regularly checking your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter may increase energy expenses and damage your equipment, which may lead to premature failure. Our A&M Heating & Cooling LLC professionals will look at these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations to make your own schedule to swap them out.
Here are some other tips to keep your home cool and energy-efficient:
- Inspect thermostat settings to be sure your air conditioner keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are not around.
- If it is cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let nature cool your house for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to retain the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Take advantage of fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a little higher than you regularly would without feeling any changes in your comfort level.
- Another type of fan people routinely forget about when they’re trying to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make certain to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to get rid of the heat and humidity from your home.
- Avoid leaving lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven put heat into your home, but even routine activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like more ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give A&M Heating & Cooling LLC at call at 520-200-1048 or request an appointment with us online.