Whether you like winter or prefer the warmer months in Tucson, a lot of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us cozy. This can have a large impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Check weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that should be addressed.
- Make use of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your home warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter routinely to see if it must be switched out. We suggest at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also save you money! You can set temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have an acceptable amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a useful tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Call for routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If your utility bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to increase efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. An expert at A&M Heating & Cooling LLC can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means a longer life for your HVAC system.
If you are considering routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide insight on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give A&M Heating & Cooling LLC in Tucson a call to start down the right path. Contact our team at 520-200-1048 or schedule an appointment with us online.