Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Tucson during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at A&M Heating & Cooling LLC will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call A&M Heating & Cooling LLC at 520-200-1048 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.